Construction Attorney Blain Donnell
Blain Donnell’s practice primarily focuses on construction litigation, where he advocates for general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and project owners in various capacities, including litigation, negotiations, contract review, and appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Blain worked with a boutique civil litigation firm, known for their construction and transportation experience, representing clients in a variety of disputes.
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Obtained favorable settlement for general contractor sued in school district case alleging millions of dollars in construction defects.
- Defended mechanical contractor in lawsuit relating to HVAC issues at a college campus building.
- Defended general contractor in a dispute with the subsidiary of multinational conglomerate suing for lost profits and property damage arising out of alleged construction defects and property damage during Hurricane Harvey
- Prepared and filed a motion for summary judgment for home builder being sued in a personal injury case, which led to a favorable settlement and dismissal of the home builder.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of contractor being sued by an owner for negligence and breach of contract.
- Defended subcontractor in multi-million-dollar dispute relating to water leaks at a hotel.
- Defended trucking company sued in fatal trucking accident.
- Assisted trucking company with drafting noncompete and nondisclosure agreement.
- Assisted contractor with drafting master service agreements for use with subcontractors.
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. (cum laude) – 2018
- The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- B.A. – 2014
State Bar of Texas, Construction Law and Litigation Sections
Houston Bar Association, Construction Law Section
Houston Young Lawyers Association
The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
“House Bill 19 And Its Effect on Commercial Motor Vehicle Cases,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel Magazine, Fall/Winter 2021