T. Champe Fitzhugh - Corporate Attorney in Austin, TX, Litigation & Arbitration
Champe is a Shareholder in the Austin office of Andrews Myers, where he represents clients in both noncontentious and contentious matters. His corporate/commercial practice centers on the formation and restructuring of commercial entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, as well as the acquisition, financing and disposition of business enterprises, the preparation of various contracts and agreements, and the representation of clients in their ongoing business activities.
Serving as general counsel for a wide array of national and international clients in the energy, chemicals, real estate, construction and hospitality industries, Champe has transactional experience in entity formation, equity and share acquisitions, tax analyses, European merger control analyses and various other business functions.
His litigation experience involves both jury and bench trial courts and includes matters related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation claims, temporary injunctions, summary judgment and various other corporate-related disputes. Champe has also represented construction clients in American Arbitration Association proceedings and several International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations.
- Corporate/Commercial Transactions
- S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Represented an Austin-based energy efficiency engineering company in buy-side acquisitions of companies in Colorado and Oregon.
- Represented a Swiss-based energy services and plant operation holding company in negotiating and consummating a deal for the purchase of several Caribbean assets from a German industrial company.
- Represented a Dallas-based software company in its sale to a California software company.
- Represented an Austin-based bar and restaurant group in the acquisition of a competing bar and restaurant group.
- Represented an Austin-based international refurbisher and secondary market seller of personal electronics in the negotiation of credit facilities.
- Represented multiple Texas-based construction companies in organizing corporate structures, negotiating credit and funding facilities, drafting employment and executive contracts, and providing general corporate counsel.
- Represented a Houston and Midland-based oilfield services company in negotiating and crafting master services agreements as a service provider and a turnkey operator, and in providing general corporate counsel.
- Served as general counsel for a Swiss-based construction, engineering and project finance engineering company, which involved working with subsidiary companies throughout Europe, Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Represented a Houston-based chemical importing and marketing business in the negotiation of terminal and tank storage agreements at various port facilities in the United States.
- Represented a Trinidadian chemical plant owner in an international chamber of commerce arbitration related to the ownership of a large plant complex in Trinidad.
- Represented a Barbadian chemical plant owner in an international chamber of commerce arbitration arising out of joint venture ammonia plant projects in the Caribbean.
- Represented a Venezuelan-American joint venture in an international chamber of commerce arbitration against a Swedish modular construction company arising out of an offshore construction matter.
- Represented a Denmark-based international marketer of bio-mass in negotiating and drafting supply agreements for the Caribbean market.
- Representation of a Houston-based restaurant chain in connection with a buyout of a founding and controlling member of the group.
- Represented a Texas-based oil and gas construction company in disputes arising out of lump sum construction contracts for offshore drilling platforms.
- The University of Texas School of Law
- J.D. – 2004
- The University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. – 2000
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association, Oil & Gas Section
- “Be Careful Out There: Bad Trends in Oilfield MSA Indemnity Clauses,” AM Monthly Law Alert, November 2017
- “Which Entity Type is Right for Your New Business?,” AM Monthly Law Alert, July 2017
- ICC Arbitrations: Ins and Outs of Selecting a Party Arbitrator, TerraLex Connections, July 2013