Real Estate Transactions and Development
Our attorneys at our Houston and Austin commercial real estate law group practices are experienced in all aspects of real estate transactions. From acquiring raw land through the project’s development and lease-up to the ultimate disposition of the project, we act as your partner throughout the process. Our goal is to add value to each of our clients’ real estate transactions — whether it involves an entrepreneur’s leasing commercial space for the first time to the development of a $150,000,000 high-rise condominium project, we will do everything we can to make sure your transaction is a success.
Our Austin and Houston real estate attorneys represent owners, developers and investors, from relatively straight-forward transactions to highly sophisticated and complex deals. Our Texas commercial real estate attorneys are experienced in providing counsel and legal expertise with respect to acquisitions and dispositions; development and construction; leasing (landlord and tenant representation); financing; partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures; and other real estate services. We have significant experience in each of the following areas:
- Condominium Projects
- Medical Facilities
- Mixed-Use Developments
- Office Buildings
- Retail Centers
- Residential Subdivisions
- Restructurings and Workouts
Our attorneys are vastly knowledgeable in Texas commercial real estate law and bring a pragmatic and cost-sensitive approach to each transaction. We realize that our clients have a choice when it comes to legal representation and we are proud that the vast majority of our new clients have been referred to us by our existing clients.
Texas Commercial Real Estate Litigation
Commercial real estate litigation presents a unique set of challenges and requires a multi-disciplinary approach. At Andrews Myers, we have the deep knowledge and expertise that are required to handle each client’s legal needs. Most commercial real estate litigation requires pre-litigation evaluation and strategy to put our clients in the best possible situation, whether protecting interests as a plaintiff or defendant in court. This extensive evaluation allows us to find the most efficient and effective way to preserve our clients’ property interests. Our commercial real estate attorneys’ extensive track record includes representation of clients in these areas:
- Landlord/tenant disputes involving rent, subleases, assignment, termination, additional rent and charges under the lease, tenant improvements, holdovers, renewals, maintenance, use of the premises, and other lease defaults. Our experience includes representation of owners, property managers and tenants. We have handled numerous matters involving commercial lease remedies, such as evictions, lockouts, and personal property foreclosures, as well as represented parties in connection with the bankruptcy of a landlord or tenant.
- Mechanics and materialmens’ liens and lis pendens.
- Title and use disputes, including actions to quiet title, trespass to try title, boundary disputes, easements, trespass, adverse possession, and nuisance.
- Contract disputes involving real property.
- Property tax disputes.
- Disputes with financial institutions, engineers and architects.
Our representation of clients has included developers, owners, sellers, commercial landlords, property managers, builders, and REITs.