Houston Real Estate Lawyer, Corporate/Commercial Law - Jack P. Turano, III
Jack Turano’s practice is devoted to commercial real estate, energy, corporate and commercial transactions. His real estate practice covers all aspects of the process of buying, owning, developing, financing, leasing and selling commercial real estate.
Prior to joining the firm, Jack served as in-house counsel for a global renewable energy company and market leader in the utilities sector.
- Commercial Real Estate
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Assisted in representation of renewable energy company in $439 million funding of tax equity financing.
- Assisted in representation of clients in multiple acquisitions and dispositions of numerous multi-family and single-family residential properties valued up to $30 million.
- Represented a renewable energy company in connection with the development and construction of 366 MW of wind farms in Indiana and Ohio.
- Assisted in representation of developer in connection with the leasing of 47,000 acres of land in Alberta, Canada.
- Represented property owners’ associations across Texas in all aspects of business operations.
- Assisted with multiple real estate due diligence reviews on merger & acquisition matters valued at more than $10 million.
- Represented a renewable energy company with respect to the acquisition of several prospective wind and solar farms.
- Assisted in representation of real estate company in purchase of a 109,000 sf. urban loft office building in San Antonio, Texas.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston , Texas
- J.D. – 2011
- South Texas Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Real Estate Legislative Affairs Committee)
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Houston Business Realty Coalition
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- “Houston Stronger? Houston City Council Approves 500-year Floodplain Regulation,” AM Monthly Law Alert, April 2018
- “Legislative Update, Mortgage Lending Institute,” UT Law CLE, November 2015
- “REPTL Legislative Update: Significant Bills of the 84th Texas Legislature,” (Co-Author), State Bar of Texas, July 2015
- “Standards of Care in Community Associations: A Survey of State Standards,” (Co-Author), CAI Press, January 2013
- “Integrity is Their Portion and Proper Virtue: The Ethics of Funding Judicial Education,” (Co-Author), 51 S. Tex. L. Rev 869, 2010